Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

THREE CHEERS FOR TOMBOW!!

Hello!  I'm so glad you're here!!  I have a few things to share with you that I made for Tombow USA

First, I have a super fun Halloween project!  Pumpkin Treat Containers 2 different ways!

Are these the cutest Pumpkin Treat Containers you've ever seen or what?!?!

I started with some cardboard pumpkins that I got at the craft store.  You know that isle that has all these cute cardboard things for you to embellish?  They were really inexpensive so I thought they would be super fun and easy.  I bought a bunch of them for some special trick or treaters I know.  I am making them 2 different ways.  One pumpkin will have strips of tissue paper decoupaged on it with Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue.  Mono Aqua is the best for paper to paper adhesive and decoupage techniques.  It is AWESOME!!  Then I will "watercolor" over the tissue paper.  The second pumpkin will only be "watercolored" 

Using the broad tip of the Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue, I applied it to the back of the tissue paper strips and attached them to the pumpkin.  As you see, the pumpkin opens into 2 halves (front and back), so I opened them to alter them.  Be sure to use an embellishng stylus or, something similar, to get the tissue paper into the indents from the eyes, nose and mouth.  Let the pumpkin dry.

Now it's time for the FUN!  I rook our my Tombow Blending Kit (which contains a blending palette, blender pen and a compact spray mister) and 3 shades of orange Tombow Dual Brush Pens (925, 933, 946) and swiped them across the blending palette.  The palette has a coating on it so when you are done using it, you just clean it off with a damp cloth/baby wipe.  And on the back, there is a color guide to all the Dual Brush Pens colors.

I know.  You are like "well that was cool and everything Daniella but where's the fun???  It's right here!!!  Fill your compact spray mister with water and spray it on the ink a few times.  The colors all start running into each other and you now have your very own custom color!!  You can experiment all you want with fun color play!  No more searching for the perfect color, if you don't have it you can make it!  AND>>>  Now that you've made this super custom color you can use a paint brush and it is now watercolor paint!!  I know, I just blew your mind.  Now tell me that's not fun.  THAT is the definition of FUN for any creative person!!!  Sorry, back to the pumpkins.  Paint both of your pumpkins, avoiding the eyes, nose and mouth, and let them dry.  Then color in the eyes, nose and mouth.  For my paint only pumpkin I used a yellow (055) Dual Brush Pen and for the other I used a black (N15) Dual Brush Pen.  Don't forget to color the pumpkin stems too!  I used a brown (977) Dual Brush Pen.

To finish these FABULOUS pumpkins, I used my Tombow Mono Glue Pen to precisely apply glue to the eyes, nose and mouth, so I could add glitter.  I added some Tombow Mono Aqua Glue on top of the glitter, to seal it so it won't fall off.

And that's it!  How stinkin' cute are these pumpkins?  I LOVE them!!  I don't know which I love more, but I have a pretty good idea!!  Which one do you like better?  I'd love to know!!  

Next, I have a video I made when Tombow USA teamed up with Simple Stories.  I made scrapbook using products from both companies.  The Tombow products I used are: Tombow Mono Liquid GlueTombow Stamp Runner Dot Pattern AdhesiveTombow Adhesive Dots and Tombow Mono Twin Permanent Marker.




And the last video I want to share is a video for Tombow's "Color Love" week.  In this video I show you all the Tombow products that are pink and how to use them.  The Tombow products I used are:



I hope you enjoy all of these projects using the amazing products from Tombow USA!  I'd love to hear how you use your Tombow products, or tell me which products inspired you to try Tombow.

Thanks so much!  YOU are AWESOME!!

xxDaniella


1 comment: